- Adjustable in one-degree increments.
- Electronic steam control. Read more
- Stand-by option available.
- Coffee dose timer.
- Programmable pre-infusion. (0 to 5 seconds).
- Alarms (5): Water/coffee ratio, coffee or steam gauge, coffee group or steam.
The Ascaso Dream PID offers a double dose of style and technology sure to please everyone in your household. Analog may have been the name of the game for the original Dream, but the PID is a smash cut combination of classic and contemporary in the same sleek casing. Internally, not much is left unchanged, including a switch to a classic 58mm portafilter size, the addition of an adjustable over pressure valve, thermoblock insulation, an analog pressure gauge, and an articulated no-burn steam wand. The Dream’s new PID also packs in powerful programming like temperature and offset control, pre-infusion, power saving modes and single or double shot programming. The Dream PID glitzes up its design as well with water reservoir spotlights and water-resistant boxwood furniture at the steam knob and portafilter.
Features and Functionality
- PID Temperature Management – Program your PID controller to get just-right shots every time. This model even features offset programming, letting you calibrate temperature to account for drops in the system on the way to your glass.
- 58mm Group – The 58mm group and portafilter opens you up to a range of aftermarket accessories, including replacement gaskets and dispersion screens from the popular E61 format.
- Adjustable OPV – An externally-accessible screw lets you set the max pressure the pump will push through your group head. In addition to giving you an extra parameter to play with, this opens up the Dream PID to backflushing.
- Programming – Unlike the original, the Dream PID is packed with programming for power saving, pre-infusion, and shot length programming.
- Pressure Gauge – Another welcome change, the Dream PID has swapped its analog temperature gauge to monitor pressure instead.
- Accoutrements – Each Dream PID is packed with niceties like a steel tamper, multiple basket types, blind basket, and wood furniture.
- Big Redesign – We’re used to seeing small, incremental changes to machine designs. The huge amount of improvements made for this new Dream is nothing short of astounding.
- Temperature Stability – The PID monitors heat well and keeps temps more stable than almost any machine we’ve used at this size.
- Shot Programming – The ability to program 2 shot lengths is cool, that they managed to do it without moving away from an analog toggle is even cooler.
- Still Adorable – The swoopy, curvy cut of this machine is still fantastic on a countertop.